''Sweden is looking for Expiernced drivers''

The scenery is absolutely stunning and the roads up here in the north are empty just have to keep a keen eye out for the reindeer and moose who have no road sense.

I am still using British (EU) cards. It took around 2- 3 weeks for our Personal Number (everything revolves around this in Sweden) then a further 2 - 3 weeks for our ID card. Our driving licences have been surrendered to the authorities and we are awaiting Swedish ones.

Re the driving it’s different. The length does make it interesting when closing in on bays and the steering when reversing takes time (when in a muddle I still automatically revert to 5th wheel type reversing. Then strongly tell myself off).

The main difference is how we are treat as drivers. Everywhere I go people are pleased to see us. Coffee / drinks are free as well as sandwiches / fruit / cake / biscuits. The office staff treat us with respect asking rather than telling us what to do. As my boss said without lorry drivers we have nothing. I work a 2 week rota Mon - Fri week 1 I work 2 days and week 2 I work 4 days. I average a 40hr week which they have to pay me extra for to bring my hours up. There is a choice of 5 x 8hr shifts, 4 x 10hrs shifts or 3 x 13hr shifts.

For anyone wanting a different lifestyle / challenge Sweden is waiting. They love the British drivers attitude out here and a warm welcome is promised