Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

windrush:

Bewick:

windrush:

Buzzer:
Which one in the shot are you then Dennis ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well Buzzer the one on the right looks as though he lives to eat and the poor lad on the left looks as though he gets fed only on scraps! :unamused: I will leave you to work out which one was the gaffer. :wink:

Just edited to say to Dennis that I know it is father and son in the pic, and the poor lad later suffered badly from the effects of WW1. :cry:

Pete.

Thanks for the edit Pete ! My Great Aunt Dorothy, Thomas’s youngest Daughter, told me all about the tragedy of what the loss meant to the family as the Old man just lost the will to carry on once his Son John passed away. They had by all accounts built up quite an operation for the times but as there was no one left to carry on ( Women/Daughters weren’t considered in those days !) Thomas sold out “lock stock” to the N. E. Railway Co. and he lived out his days in retirement with his eldest Daughter’s family, my Grandmother, who had married a Blacksmith. The younger Daughter married a printer who spent all his working life at the Newcastle Journal. I would have loved to have travelled back in time and seen what went on ! Cheers Dennis.

That’s ok Dennis, I remembered reading the story in Bob Tuck’s book so added that before any innocent but possibly ‘hurtful’ comments were posted by folk who didn’t know. No malice meant by my original comment though.

Pete.

He’s got thick skin, Pete- he was a haulier!
Thinking about the suggestion of a “Twin 8-pot”, I can’t wait for the day when “SOMEONE” demands a rear three quarters view of the ten extra cylinders poking out from under the cab!