Mirror wiped out

had a delivery today to a tight little industrial unit, unable to back in due to a car parking opposite the entrance the company asked me to drive in and they would get a banksman to see me out, once in i was fearful of someone parking in my escape route as it was only a two minute job 12 boxes i kept an eye on my exit and had to politely ask a driver to move there car as they had blocked me in no probs they moved i asked the banksman to get me out and park outside before someone blocked me in which he did .i left room for vehicles to pass me an artic got past i went back in to collect my notes just got into the cab and bang a 7.5 ton driver smashed my lower mirror off he got angry and started to say that because i had put the trailer on the kerb i was parked illegal and it was my fault… As he was mouthing of a seventeen truck got by without a problem i have took photos of the space and the truck passing me no probs …question who is right here

I know you’re going to slate me and not knowing where you are, but , ,
you drove in to deliver TWELVE BOXES !!!
knowing that it was going to be a great TURD to exit the site !!

7.5t driver is a Knob-head,!! He wrecked your mirror, his fault, not yours!
Hope you swapped details . Leave it to the insurance companies to sort it out.

One of the many trivial traumas we have to put up with
and I’m sure you’ll get over it,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :neutral_face:
totally agree, ■■■■ happens move on… hth

pierrot 14:

he wouldnt tip me on the road said he wasn’t insured belive me it was a pain in the bum of a job

pierrot 14:

Not sure about that ,I’d only ever tell my insurance if it had been stolen or burnt out .

You can’t rely on anyone at the wheel of a wagon to be able to pass your vehicle by without smashing the mirrors off these days, so in future in such circs fold the roadside mirrors in, they’ll still hit the bodywork but you should be able to carry on.

Also be careful about parking on kerbs, not just cos the weight of wagons causes damage but in some areas, notably Hell, sorry London, even if one inch of tyre is on the kerb you’ll get a tcket from the parking stasi.

Lesson learned by experience mate that’s what it’s all about…
When you park up at the side of an active road, ALWAYS pull your mirror in. :bulb:
7.5 t driver is talking out of his arse btw. :unamused:

robroy:
When you park up at the side of an active road, ALWAYS pull your mirror in. :bulb:

rob this situation didn’t require me to fold the mirror there was loads of room the point of my post was is he right to say that it was my fault for parking on the kerb

keepthefaith:

robroy:

rob this situation didn’t require me to fold the mirror there was loads of room the point of my post was is he right to say that it was my fault for parking on the kerb

Was he right? Well taking that to its logical conclusion if you hadn’t been parked on the kerb you’d have been 6 inches further out and so he’d have smashed into the back of your lorry! So on balance I suggest he was talking from his ■■■■.

keepthefaith:

robroy:

Not being funny or clever mate, but after what happened it DID require you to fold your mirror in after all eh?
:bulb:
It’s something I always do,.cos you always get some 2hat like your 7.5 t mate, who can not judge the width of his vehicle.
As I said, the 7.5 t guy is at fault,.whether or not you were parked on the pavement, is irrelevant I would say (bring on the amateur lawyers) it has the far end of f.all to do with him…he damaged your truck, he is at fault.

keepthefaith:

robroy:

It may not have needed folding in but if it had been the half wit couldn’t have hit it.

Juddian:

keepthefaith:

robroy:

It may not have needed folding in but if it had been the half wit couldn’t have hit it.

point taken thanks for the advice chaps i will try and download my photos and show you the available space to manouvre a truck

Juddian:

keepthefaith:

robroy:

Exactly, fold it in regardless saves all the aggravation

keepthefaith:

Juddian:

keepthefaith:

robroy:

point taken thanks for the advice chaps i will try and download my photos and show you the available space to manouvre a truck

Photos irrelevant, somebody would have had bigger in there

You were stationary?
Other truck was moving?
If he couldn’t get past without damage he should not have moved.
However,
Folding in mirrors,
Refusing yourself, to go somewhere where you cause a hazard,
Are both valid too.