"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Spardo:

DIG:
I only got it a bit wrong it makes water not uses it,the good news is I found an article that says Hydrogen powered trucks will be tested later this year hear in Oz,I attempted to show the article but the HH system won’t allow it probably a copywrite issue but I will keep trying.

Dig

The bloke here is prone to exaggeration, he reckons they are in full use on a lot of trucks in Oz, I think I trust you more than him :wink:
The man who thinks they are not as good as made out says there is a long way to go before the hydrogen can be made in quantity wthout producing CO2 and also, again if widely, used the heated water vapour would add more to global warming.
There is no such thing as a free lunch. :wink: :slight_smile:

Are those tests on heavy trucks Dig, or just on the light vans as Renault are doing here?

BTW, I do agree with you on the point loading of that reel of NMM’s, a very good test of a trailer’s metal, in more ways than one. :slight_smile:

@NMM, before I semi-retired from the long distance stuff I really lusted after that ally exterior visor of yours. Although I always drive with the internal visors down, the heat and glare coming through raked screens is really bad. My idea was to have twin spots set in it too, headlights set correctly for dip, simply do not cut it on high beam on country roads. :cry:

nzhydrogen.org/transport

There’s a bit about it on this website.

I was stranded in Beaune last weekend and there was a dutchman there that worked for Tesla, they’re setting up a whole network where it’s only staff employed by Tesla that does the deliveries of new cars from the docks to the dealerships. He said that either next year or in 2022 they’ll be driving the truck that Tesla is developing, and they can charge it at every dealership. I can’t really see it myself, but is this the way forward? To me it seems that there’s still no fitting substitute for the ancient combustion engine, not if it comes to shifting heavy loads over longer distances anyway?