Has Mercedes Always Been This Bad?

Carryfast:
I drove a Fraikin supplied MAN as a long term rental after the Scania 112 and Merc 1628.
That thing was more or less the Rolls Royce of trucks by comparison.The only thing I preferred to the DAF 95 and it came out before it.Lovely motor all round excellent cab and driving position nice seat and plenty of room and the motor was turbine smooth and pulled like a train.
Ironically I thought at the time it was a 13 speed Fuller but with hindsight maybe a twin split and I didn’t know it but I’m sure there would have been no way of confusing the two to drive although I wasn’t even aware of the twin split in the day.
But the year and type doesn’t seem right for it to have been a 13 speed ( mid/late 80’s reg from memory ).
Strange and a mystery. :confused:

Mid-'80s it would have been a 13-sp Fuller. The F90 with Twin-splitter arrived on an F-plate in about '89 IIRC.
[/quote]
Might have found the missing link here Robert.An F90 ? with a Fuller ?.

It deffo had the same type of gear shift as this one.

heavycherry.com/machineinfo/man/ … _unit.html

Deffo not this one with the cranked lever.

youtube.com/watch?v=8iLqxCd0gcw

mantruckandbus.com/en/moments/1986.html

So I’m going with '87 F90 with a 13 speed Fuller just as I remembered it ?. :wink:
[/quote]
Yes CF, I’m aware of those examples and a handful of others, but they were all German-registered and may have been retro-fitted. As far as I am aware no F90s with RHD or LHD were fitted with them in UK: you could have a Twin-splitter or a ZF Eco-split.