Has Mercedes Always Been This Bad?

Juddian:

Carryfast:

acd1202:
As for a Fuller, if people really wanted one they should have ordered them when the '28 was offered in the UK in the 80s with the option of a 13 speed Fuller and after 3 years on the option list they sold, so I was told by a Merc tech guy, the grand total of one so unsurprisingly it was withdrawn due to lack of interest.

Could use the same argument in reverse how did MAN sell any trucks equipped with 13 speed Fuller or Twin Split v synchro Merc.

There could be lots of reasons why it wasn’t chosen by customers and none of them because it wasn’t the better option.Especially when sold on in the used market.

MAN was about the best vehicle i drove fitted with Eaton Twin Split, that MAN engine would raise and drop revs instantly went perfectly with the ETS, other engines which didn’t rev or drop revs as quickly weren’t as good in my humble.
A mate describes it as almost scalextric like, constant acceleration with barely a split second between changes, compared to the ponderous automated manuals of today we’ve gone back 30 years in drivetrain efficiency not forward.

+1 :sunglasses: