Has Mercedes Always Been This Bad?

gingerfold:
I’m 100% DAF in my operation. Don’t get me wrong, DAF have their niggles still with electrical faults, but the local dealership is very good and usually get things done first time. The ride quality with the latest XFs is the best I’ve ever known, even better than Volvo and Scania, and so quiet in the cab. Last time I was in a Mercedes I was nearly travel sick, the ride was so choppy and uncomfortable. And I do wonder about the engine noise decibel level with the Actros, it must be bordering on the upper legal limit.

Ironically one of the Mercs broke down on the M6 on Saturday, on its last but one trip with my driver.

With the exception of the MAN with 13 speed Fuller, or might have been a twin split without me realising it :laughing: , I don’t think I ever drove anything which I liked better than the 2800, the 85, and the 95.I liked all those but I liked the 2800 and 95 cabs better than the 85.I never had any break downs at all with any of those either.
I did lots of miles with the nice soft rumble of the old 680 based motor trying to send me to sleep.
As for the Merc V8 and V6 I wasn’t that impressed especially that evil piece of junk V6 :imp: although to be fair the V8 might have been better with turbocharging.