Has Mercedes Always Been This Bad?

Carryfast:

gingerfold:
Well, finally the last two Actroses have gone from my depot. And my considered opinion after all the traumas with them… they are the worst trucks I’ve operated in the last 30 years, and together with the worst back-up I’ve ever known from the Mercedes dealership, it’s good riddance to bad rubbish. Sorry if this offends Mercedes lovers on here but I’ve not been able to find one good thing about them. Dreadful, dreadful trucks.

Go back even more than 30 years they did nothing then which a decent DAF or MAN probably couldn’t do as well or better at the end of the day.
What have you replaced the things with.

I’m 100% DAF in my operation. Don’t get me wrong, DAF have their niggles still with electrical faults, but the local dealership is very good and usually get things done first time. The ride quality with the latest XFs is the best I’ve ever known, even better than Volvo and Scania, and so quiet in the cab. Last time I was in a Mercedes I was nearly travel sick, the ride was so choppy and uncomfortable. And I do wonder about the engine noise decibel level with the Actros, it must be bordering on the upper legal limit.

Ironically one of the Mercs broke down on the M6 on Saturday, on its last but one trip with my driver.