A question about Bedford TK

Carryfast:

bedfordlover:
Hi there,

I am a guy from Turkey who really admires the Bedford TK since his childhood, the main reasons for being so are the overall apperance and the unique engine sound of those Bedfords. A few years ago I watched some videos of Bedfords at the UK and I was quite confused as they do not sound like the ones I used to see in Turkey. Then I wondered if they used a different engine for the ones that were assembled in Turkey and even asked to Vauxhall if they have any information about that but they could not really help.

The Turkish distributor of Bedford trucks was defunct before I was born so there were very little information on my end until a few days ago I found a brochure that was released in Turkey at 1970s, there it says the engine is called “220 diesel.” Then I took a look at some pictures of that engine online and confirmed that this is the exactly same engine a Turkey based Bedford TK uses. Though I watched some videos of that engine and it doesn’t sound like I used to hear, again. So the engines were the same, but the sounds are different. Lastly, I talked with a guy in Turkey and he said that it could be caused by different injection pumps used. But I want to be sure and finally know the truth (lol) so if anyone knows about Bedford TKs, their story (for example if they used different parts for Turkish models), or have an idea why the engines sound different, please share your opinions.

Thanks a lot.

Are you sure you’re not mistaking hearing Detroit powered KM for TK ?.
youtube.com/watch?v=NWbwH8r-WiE

Trust you “CF” to stick your totally irrelevant “two Penarth” in although luckily the Turkish lad would probably “clock” you as an ■■■■■■■■ ! :unamused: :open_mouth: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Bewick