Getting C licence witout cpc?

In regards to the test is it the basic test you would take in a car/ car + trailer? Check you can reverse then do a half hour drive round the local roads with a hill start thrown in? Or is it more in depth like check you can strap down loads and pre drive safety checks?

When I did my trailer test I phoned a local company and went out for a hour before my test to get a feel for length/the car. Couldnt use my own as it was an automatic and not a box trailer! I dont think I would get away with it being this easy again sadly haha.

I am in the north of Scotland up near Inverness so quite a way away unfortunately. Not to say I couldnt do it, just I would need to sit the test when I was down as its a good 1000 mile round trip.

I assume if you pass in an automatic you can only use automatics, or is it different to the rules for cars?

Currently I should just get my provisional and do my theorys then sort out getting an assessment drive done then? Local companies offer week long courses which feels overkill to pass a driving test only. Not trying to sound cocky just feel I have an advantage with my prior driving of machinary.