Worktime break clarification

cooper1203:

Franglais:
Bit confusing.
Is this it?
Start… 04hr45
Break 1 …06hr45- 07hr15…30 min break
Break 2 …12hr00 - 12hr30…30min break
Break 3 …after 18hrs? when? … 20min break?? or did you decide not to?? (Sorry you confused me)
Finish…When?

Assuming you didnt exceed 4hr30 driving between start and 12hr00, nor between 12hr30 and finish, no problem with driving hrs, so well agnore them.

As I see it you have no issues up to end of break 2 at 12hr30.

You need to have started Break 3 before 18hr30. (to avoid 6hrs duty)
You need to have finished by 19hr45. (to avoid 15hrs/enable 9hrs daily rest before 24hr period)

If you didn`t take Break 3? Then you have worked 12hr30 to shift end with no break. If this is near a 15spread (19hr45) looks bad.
From end of last break (12hr30) did you work more that 6hrs?

sorry i see your point i clocked out at 7.15pm with no break so yes I went over the 6 hours by 45 min. Got back to the yard at 7 with 4.17 min of driving done so didn’t go over the 4.5 hour driving rule.

I think the tm’s point was when i phoned up i had had 60 mins break and only needed to have 45 mins as far as wtd goes. The fact I had a break only after 2 hours is my mistake for want of a better word and as I was approaching the 15 hour rule I chose not to stop.

I think from the rest of the replies I have been naughty and should of stopped for a 6 hour working break as far as wtd goes. However, doing so would of put me with only 15 min spare of the 15 hour rule which if I have understood the replies correctly is a bigger sin regardless of not working Saturday

So, it was 12hr30 until 19hr15 with no break?
As you have said, thats 6hr45min, so youve recognised you`re in the wrong there.
Putting a 15 minute break in before 18hr30 would have given you clean sheet, but as you say, would have put you back to a 19hr30 finish. Perfectly legal, but I can understand you being concerned that any delay would have put you wrong.

So long as you stay in the UK you should be OK. Other areas may not ignore EU rules.

Working a Saturday or not, doesnt come into it.....is this another question looming? (3 reduced daily rests between weekly rest periods. Each calculated from start of shift to end of shift 24hrs later. Not 3 plus a further one because its Friday and the “I`m having Saturday off and wanna get home” rule) :smiley: