Worktime break clarification

cooper1203:
im just seeking a little clarification. if i work for 2 hours for argument sake then have a 30 min break do I loose the 4 remaining hours of the 6 hour rule.

yesterday i got myself into a little bit of a pickle. Clocked in 4.45am left yard at 6 am for a drop 30 mins away stopped off to get a cuppa and a sausage bean and cheese slice from Greg’s (it was revolting btw) got 1/2 mile from the drop and stopped to feed my face around 6.45 so had my first 30 min.

got back to the yard and loaded for my second run had a calamity at the first drop and had to go back to the yard to tip the damaged barrels off. by the time i had sorted it it was midday so time for 2nd 30min break i thought (approx. 6 hours after the finish of my last one) then left to complete my other drops. gone 6pm and i am still buggering around out there and to be frank getting a little stressed out as i still had a drop in Dartford, stuck in traffic and rapidly getting near the 15 hour mark. Called the yard to update them and was told I didn’t need a break as i had had a total of 1h so far but they were happy for me to pull over and have a tea and a drag for 20 mins. I decided notice i decided to crack on as having a break would of stretched the time constraints to the max. Have i done the wrong thing as far as the law is concerned. I must say my traffic office is fair with me and there is a good relationship in general and they wouldn’t mark me down as someone to push and take the micky out of.

Bit confusing.
Is this it?
Start… 04hr45
Break 1 …06hr45- 07hr15…30 min break
Break 2 …12hr00 - 12hr30…30min break
Break 3 …after 18hrs? when? … 20min break?? or did you decide not to?? (Sorry you confused me)
Finish…When?

Assuming you didnt exceed 4hr30 driving between start and 12hr00, nor between 12hr30 and finish, no problem with driving hrs, so well agnore them.

As I see it you have no issues up to end of break 2 at 12hr30.

You need to have started Break 3 before 18hr30. (to avoid 6hrs duty)
You need to have finished by 19hr45. (to avoid 15hrs/enable 9hrs daily rest before 24hr period)

If you didn`t take Break 3? Then you have worked 12hr30 to shift end with no break. If this is near a 15spread (19hr45) looks bad.
From end of last break (12hr30) did you work more that 6hrs?