Peak District.

windrush:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:
This pic appeared on Facebook, I remember it hanging on the wall in the Grouse and Claret pub at Rowsley before it was refurbished. Truck is a Saurer of Knight Brothers.

Pete.

That’s a good one Pete :smiley: I remember The last Mr Knight ringing our house one day in the early 90s asking what these E320 ■■■■■■■ were like ,he then bought an Irish E14 and I thought it was the same one my a Dad went to view at measham auctions he spoke to the owner in Ireland who had the best out of it not sure if he had to rebuild it .

I believe that it was a Mrs Marsden who later ran it Dan, I know a couple of lads who drove for her and she liked her ‘pound of flesh’ from them! :laughing: Nothing left of their place now apart from a pile of rubble. :cry: If Denzil had been born just ten years earlier he could have been riding shotgun on something like that instead of that Octopus, cab looks more comfortable as well.

Pete.

Didn’t Knights have a bit of a yard between Beeley and Rowsley? Very often a powder tank parked in there on a weekend.