Across the pond.

I’m not sure why anyone bothers with lies in any case.

Deceit still works, as far as I know.

Deceit of course - is when you tell the truth at the time, but later change your mind about implementing something, and as a consequence the entire life you’ve led up until that point - then becomes the lie.

The Electorate - are not overall “Daft”. There’s enough thinking voters out there that can correct gauge the effect of losing upon them, but not so much the “winning” if this is achieved.

“The next worst thing to losing a battle - is winning one.”

People that are not used to gambling, nor taking risks in their daily lives - tend to be the very worst losers when put upon by fate to do the losing.

Even I’ve been prone to this, totally blindsided by an employer sidestepping their social and financial responsibilities, the way I saw it - finding it easier to lie and cheat an unpopular worker, rather than just pay them off, so they closed the door behind them, content as they left.

Brakes ended up paying me off rather than sacking me, after I submitted a grievance accusing them of not living up to the letter of their contracts.
Royal Mail - paid me off, before they could find an excuse to sack me on a pretence. I did indeed jump before I got pushed there, in retrospect.
Waitrose/Staffline though? They dug up a disclipinary matter that I’d already been carpeted for, and was “cleared down”, rather than put me on furlough on 80% of my previous years earnings, some £9000 taken out of my pocket, assuming that other staffline agency staff that actually got the furlough - were telling the truth about them getting it, rather than just trying to wind me up. That I’d never taken a penny out of the pockets of any other co -worker EVER - is the mainstay of my bitterness towards the way I was treated. I got mugged, essentially, by faceless jobsworths who didn’t even have the guts to tell me to my face, nor sack my in writing. To this day, I still work for Staffline, as they’ve refused to sack me, preferring instead I resign of my own accord. I’ve not done so, because I may have a claim later in the year, when things get back to normal - a claim that would not be going anywhere, had I already acted of my own accord… Trying to claim “constructive dismissal” is always harder than claiming unfair dismissal. If I do make a claim, it will be with regards to the fact they’ve not paid me for months, despite still insisting on being my main employer. You’d think if they wanted to get rid of me - then they’d just DO that, but no. If they are afraid of “legal consequences” to move against me in such a manner, then I’m going to explore what kind of legal angle I have to bring a Test Case that might yet threaten to outlaw zero hours contracts in this country, at least in the current state of play where “workers have no rights” under such contracts. We’re not talking about the right to hours here, but rather the right to be treated with dignity rather than a piece of flotsam to be discarded at great cost to that employee - whenever it suits them.

Meanwhile, back to topic…

Politicians - tend to make a lot of promises, especially across the pond.
They rarely go into detail on how they will deliver on those promises though.

I have never understood why it is that surely a politician who promises A and will pay for it with B, and roll it out by C date… What’s so hard about THAT?
…In practice, what’s hard is that you typically find 40-49% of the staff pushing back at you at all times, fighting against you so much as changing the contractor who delivers your toilet paper ffs…

That, paradoxically - means that the number one main reason that “All poltiical careers - end in failure” - is simply because EVERY poltiician gets backstabbed sooner or later, when “things don’t get done” at a reasonable pace.

In America, - they have a four year election cycle. In this country, we have a five that can be reduced to four whenver an incumbent feels that they’ve done enough of a job to increase their majority with an early election call.

I don’t recall voting Conservative last December for them come up with schemes that are full of holes, and try to justify that by what? “Treat NHS with kid gloves, but everyone else gets thrown under the bus if they slip through the net?”

What is the main meat of politics in this day and age?

…Surely it has to be China, and how we go about “Chixit”, meaning they won’t be buying up our national debt bonds any more, forcing us ALL to live within our means, “no more living on tic”, at least cheap, affordable tick…

This isn’t important for Consumer Credit, as this can be defaulted to little consequence.
It is the way it will affect the MORTAGE market that will do the most harm to our nation.

Cut China out of the loop, and we could see interest rates back upto 15% overnight.
This would break about 95-99% of the Banks imo, with those survivors scrambling to recall debt from other areas, not related to Housing.
My best guess is that the BTL landlords will be the first to be thrown under the bus, IF this “contingency” starts to roll out.
I wouldn’t be surprised if ■■■■■■■■ is behind this bit of “Dark Arts” play, neither of course…!