PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Buzzer:
An old advert Dean, cheers Buzzer

You wont believe this Buzzer but i scanned this pic the day before you posted that brochure pic.

Crap quality.

Edward Baker Dodge from 1957.

bulk baker 57 ppg.PNG

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The Scania looks like one of Martin Price’s from Craven Arms and Ford’s are from Wem, they run about 60 motor’s.

Thanks for the info Pete ! :wink: Did Ford’s operate coaches as well ? I saw a Ford’s truck and coach parked up together just off
the main drag south of Exeter but cant remember exactly where ? :unamused:

boardo96:
Morning all, George’s Haulage were from Winkleigh in Devon, ran a smart fleet of Volvo’s back in day on bulk tipper work. I’m sure this is the man himself George Bedford when he went back to just the 1 lorry.
I think the red Georges wagons your referring to Dean are the cattle wagons from Bruton in Somerset.
I also recognise the version 1 Volvo bulker, I think it’s 1 of AnL haulage from Somerset.

Thanks for the comments “boardo96” :wink: Well spotted re the ANL Haulage. :smiley:

5thwheel:
“DEANB”
Walkers Transport DAF. Anyone know where they are from ?

Walkers are from Leeds and/or Manchester Dean.

David

Thanks David. :wink:

gingerfold:
“DEANB”
Clements Scania.

Turners has recently bought the Clements units and trailers. One of the trailers ended up in my depot last week, quite new and well looked after when I gave it a “once-over”.

Cheers Graham. :wink: How many motors are Turners running now ■■

tyneside:
Cowie rental Transcon,think it says Sunderland on the door

Cowies were main Ford dealers in Sunderland, both car & commercial. Tommy Cowie started with a motorbike shop in the town I think in the 1940’s

Tyneside

Thanks for the info “tyneside”. Funny you should mention they started as a motor bike shop. I was talking to my uncle who is 91 and like
he said there were not that many cars back in the 40’s everyone had motorbikes or push bikes ! :smiley:

Frankydobo:
I could well have driven that Transcon, the place I worked for in Washington in 1980 made cakes and gateaux’s for M&S, Sainsbury and others, we had a 40ft fridge trailer but no unit so hired them from Cowies or other hire places when needed usually for a week or so, I think on about four occasions I got Transcons from Cowies. The guy in charge of the transport didn’t know much about the artic side of things so left it to me to hire the units so it was either the big Fords or F10’s, enjoyed that job while it lasted! Franky.

Thanks for the input Franky, had a quick look but cant find nothing on Cowies. :wink:

Buzzer:
Dean an old advert for livestock haulage company from Chudleigh in Devon not trading anymore, Buzzer

Thanks for the pic chap, heres a few more made by Jenning’s from 1955. :wink: