Setting up a limited company

dave1984:
Hi there

I am a new member. I have been a regular reader of the forum of the past 1 year or so. I am a qualified class 2 driver who until last week was working fulltime for a pallet line member for 5 months.
The job was ok but the hours and transport manager was a complete idiot. Less said about that the better. Its kind of put me off the trade to be honest with you, Not what i thought i was going into at all. Anyway i have left that company and i am now going back to work as a team leader in a warehouse where i was before i passed my test. The reason i am posting today is that i intend to still drive on Saturday and Sundays if the works there and the price is right. Problem i am having is that a lot of the agencies will not let me work on the books 1) because of the length i have had my licence 2)The amount of days i would be working for them. A few have requested that i start a LTD company up. I know the pro’s and con’s of this, holiday pay etc.

I have set a LTD company up with companies house, that has now come through. What else do i need. Do i need to register anything else, get goods in transit insurance etc etc. I know i need a company bank account. Any help on this would be greatly received, i am trying to do myself to keep the cost down, rather than going to a company that does it all for you for a set price.

Look forward to all your reply’s regarding this issue.
Thanks Dave

So, you have decided that a Ltd Co is the correct way to go? And have set up a company?

dave1984:
requested that i start a LTD company up. I know the pro’s and con’s of this,

Now you ask what to do next?
If you don`t know what the next steps are, and the expenses involved, do you really think setting up your business without such knowledge was such a good idea?

dave1984:
Not what i thought i was going into at all.

As Yogi Bera may have said, “It`s Déjà vu all over again”!