Mucky Steering Wheel

windrush:
This brings back memories of the large alloy steering wheels that Fodens fitted back in the sixties/seventies, they were coated in black plastic that wore away after a few years leaving the rim smooth so we then wrapped the rims in insulation tape to get grip. That didn’t last long either but at least you could change the colour regularly! :sunglasses:

Pete.

Hi Pete, I used to do the very same on my S20 & S21 Fodens, I remember going to the testing station at Sandy Lane North Gosforth with The S 21, The examiner said to me that insulating tape was not acceptlable, So I very politley asked him why :question: , He said it didnt look right to him, And he could fail this vehicle for having this covering on the steering wheel, So me me being a cockey little git said well what about the very same tape that I have put on some of the rear lights wiring to protect them from getting wet Etc, He didnt answer me, But the good old S21 passed once again,Plus I used to use the very same tape on my fingers when knocking a bit of skin off me knuckles when changing a spring, The good old days, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.