Cyclists, no bear with me!

ETS:
Bonus question the other week a cyclist and me (artic) were both approaching a roundabout, using the same road. He opted to get on the pavement (no one else there, very late at night) - a courteous move, I thought. At the roundabout I turned left, he wanted to go straight but instead of stopping to let me complete my turn he simply dropped on the road and continued to slowly cycle between the curb and my trailer, to my horror. I did anticipate he might do something like that so I had taken the turn wide (indicating well ahead of time) a few feet from the curb. Had I taken the turn as usual (inside wheels as close as possible to the curb) he might’ve stayed on the pavement but what if he hadn’t - it would’ve been 100% my fault in the eyes of the law

I’v been seeing a lot of cyclists using both the pavement and the road and strangely leaping back onto the road just as they are being passed as though it’s a deliberate move.Usually so often now as to leave them the space anyway as if they were using the road.