Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Gordon Warren who used to have Warrens Transport in Southampton and saw the light sold up and became a salesman. Here’s a photo of him with one of the Turboliner’s.
Good morning Richard, You have my old brain cells working early this morning, Did Gordon operate from a small workshop in Empress road Southampton ■■? Harvey
[/quote]
IIRC He had the Totton By Pass filling station (BP ?) by the jnct with High St. He also was based in Empress Rd on the bend just before it becomes Imperial Rd (opp National Tyres) AM Garage & Sea Route also used this site at various times. He had some Maroon Leyland Beavers (2 pedal ?) when doing Hythe-Membury. I don’t think they were signwritten[/quote

Thanks “roolchat” I remember the huge blue Gantry he had for body swopping. Now !!! Sea route ferrys, that’s another storey, Mr Aundry Kalfon, if that spelling is right, interesting chap.
Just up the road from Gordon was the dairy, taken over by Pensworth dairies who started life in a farm not far from my home in Downton, very small world mate. Harvey