Euro Driving

Simon , I did the same too , by using an atlas or map that showed a picturesque or scenic area or route , it was marked in green so I would aim to park there for truck bans and weekly rests .
It was amazing what I discovered in the next town or village , some days I would cycle all day ,about 60 miles round trip in vine yards around Bordeaux or medieval towns and châteaux’s .

If lucky you could stumble on a Fiesta in Spain or see a concert such as Mañola García , who I saw in Tarragona and Madrid .Similar to U2 for the Spanish audience .

If weekended at Freds in Coslada , I would cycle to Madrid centre or catch the bus or train while the Brits preferred to get drunk and fight the German drivers .
For Milan , train it to the centre for happy hour , where you buy a drink and get free hot or cold finger food .
Five day ban in Italy , so park by the leisure centre for a swim then take the cable car to the mountain to watch the skiers and posh hot totty .

For Portugal , all the cinema films were in English with Portuguese subtitles , sunbathe on the beach or see museums and historical sites .