Dangerous goods advice- UK regs and ADR

GlesgaBill:
Hi again, Dave :slight_smile:

I think iā€™ve got the gist of this nowā€¦but i still have a nagging doubt (even after reading the CDG Document) :smiley::D:D

OKā€¦here goes-

LQā€™s = No problemā€¦i understand thatā€¦no additional stuff needed.

Nothing needed on your part whatsoever.

GlesgaBill:
Load over the ā€œsmall threshold limitā€ = Full ADR appliesā€¦Tremcard,Boards, Chockā€¦PPE Extinguishers, etc etc etc I understand that.

Yes, we have a winner!! :wink:

GlesgaBill:
ā€œSmall threshold limitā€ = This is where iā€™m unsure. If i have a load or item(s) under the threshold limit, what (if any) other items do i need to carry to stay legal?

If youā€™re on a UK journey, all youā€™d need is 1 X 2Kg dry powder fire extinguisher, with the date of the next examination/inspection marked, and it needs to be fitted with a seal and pin. If any of that is missing, you ā– ā– ā–  belongs to VOSA and you win a PG9 until itā€™s sorted :wink: (You might also be prosecuted, because you were supposed to check that before you set-off, so the defence below wouldnā€™t be available to you) Then itā€™s like LQs, you donā€™t need anything else.

If youā€™re doing an international journey (thatā€™s when UK Regs donā€™t apply) you need the extinguisher as above

• a ā€œtransport documentā€ containing at least:
    the UN number, Proper Shipping Name, class and packing group; (Written in that order. :unamused: )
    the number size and type of packages;
    the total Kgs/Lit of the load;
    and the name(s) and address(es) of the consignor(s) and consignee(s)
    The document doesnā€™t have to be too fancy, but the required info must be on it.

GlesgaBill:
Slightly puzzled,

GlesgaBill :slight_smile:

Be puzzled no longer mate :wink:

Hereā€™s two other tips for you:

1. It is always your bossā€™ job to tell you which Regs apply, to what extent, and when.
    (= if in doubt at a customerā€™s premises, phone your boss before setting off.)
  2. UK law (this one includes Scotland) provides you with a defence if you can show that the offence is somebody elseā€™s responsibility, ie, somebody lied to you, but there are several conditions to that.