Scania steel mirror guard protectors - where from?

Conor:

R420:
Anyone know the best (cheapest?) place to get good quality and effective steel mirror guard protectors for a 2020 Scania R450 XT please?

Question for those of you that already have them - is there a gap between the steel protector and the back of the mirror housing to absorb any blows from tree branches so that the mirror itself doesn’t take any impact? Some of the lanes we do now are verging on being impassable with all the foliage growing and the plastic mirror housings are taking a beating even at walking pace :frowning: .

So what you’re saying is you can’t drive. Slags me off about not being able to reverse a trailer but you can’t even drive forwards without taking mirrors off.

PMSL. The only greenery you’ve seen down the middle of the road is the grass in the central reservation of the dual carriageway bits of the A66 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . When you’ve actually seen green lanes where the truck is wider than the foliage you might just be able to engage your tiny brain and figure out why mirror guards are a good idea, but I shalln’t hold my breath. In a previous post some time ago you went off on a big rant about “dangerous” artics drivers driving at 56mph on the A66 - that alone speaks volumes about your driving abilities, so do pipe down, chap. Stick to your agency chipboard trunking to Lockerbie and let the pro’s crack on with the real work :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .