How do you make money on Amazon Relay?

halfers:

coiler:

red7jase:
I know an owner who’s bought a 15k ren premium and it on Amazon and claims he’s making 1k a week profit that’s after paying the driver and fuel.

I can make 1k a week after wages and fuel. It’s the £850 per week standing charges for insurance, tax, rent, maintenance etc. Etc. that kills it.

Maybe amazon pay more on contract work than ad hoc work. As I’m driving a lot more at the minute, every amazon depot I go past has tractor units on all the roads around the area with their curtains shut in the middle of the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It pays or did pay roughly about 450 a shift. And that was with 2 companies between us and amazon. When we eventually got a contact direct they wanted us to quote on a shift rate + pence per mile. When we did give them the price which was obviously more than we were already getting they basically laughed at us and came back with a silly figure which just wasn’t realistic.

So some hauliers somewhere must have the right rate and then share it out from there.

It’s all night shifts and when we did it for the few weeks we basically were running empty trailers round or would only have 1/2 pallets on.

How many miles did you do to get those £450 per shift?

Did you sub for the likes of Slam and Cross Water?