New Driver

the maoster:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ^^^^ having a bad day? Pm me hun ■■

There won’t be any “issues” taking trucks into restricted environments if one engages one’s brain beforehand instead of just blundering in, crossing fingers and hoping for the best. It takes no more than a minute to get out, scope the area for access and then make an informed decision on whether or not the vehicle will fit without incurring damage. Too many “drivers” don’t give a ■■■■ because “it’s not my wagon” and “they don’t pay me enough to look after it” :unamused: . I treat another person’s property as if it were my own and on the rare occasions I’ve smashed a n/s mirror on a stray branch I’ve always offered to pay for it as I take pride in my driving and it’s through my own carelessness that it happened. Never been taken up on the offer but I expect that’s because the management know who their good and bad drivers are.

A lot of “professional” drivers these days aren’t safe to be let loose with a wheelbarrow, never mind £100k+ of truck and trailer. I’d say if you’ve been doing the job for 30 years and are still having bangs and scrapes then it’s high time you put your licence in an envelope to Swansea with a covering letter asking them to cancel it.