tail lift fault

hi all
having trouble with my tail lift it is a slim jim type it works ok but i am stuggling to fold it away u have to be tarzan to fold it away im not sure but i think the torsion bar is broke and ive been told it is inside the lift itself any ideas anybody thank for your time
phil

Torsion bar broke on one of ours, you don’t realise how much effort is needed to fold one of these back away without that bar!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:
Torsion bar broke on one of ours, you don’t realise how much effort is needed to fold one of these back away without that bar!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Yep torsion bar has gone ,
I had it happen when I did limping at 3663 blooming heavy to lift up

Sent while in furlough

mixerman22:
hi all
having trouble with my tail lift it is a slim jim type it works ok but i am stuggling to fold it away u have to be tarzan to fold it away im not sure but i think the torsion bar is broke and ive been told it is inside the lift itself any ideas anybody thank for your time
phil

You can unbolt a cover on one end and slide the torsion bar out when the platform is in the upright stowed position. However as it is snapped it will be difficult to remove as it’s in two pieces. You can try and fish out with a very strong magnet on a rod but we often just cut into the back of the platform then rivet a plate back over tidily.