Can a fridge erm freeze chilled stuff?

Odd isn’t it when someone like me who is an Industrial refrigeration engineer and a consultant in this field that has worked world wide and highly regarded knows a lot less than someone who tows a reefer and is more of an expert. I have designed and worked on some of the most complex refrigeration plants on the planet, +4.0C is a very special temperature in refrigeration and as Franglais has pointed out that hydrogen bonding is in H2O. The human body is made up of 75% water, an awful lot of food stuffs hold water content and so the 4.oC magic number is very relevant.

Industrial refrigeration is my field and I can tell you anything you want to know about it. I even posted all of my refrigeration qualifications on here at one time including my gold card status and ammonia handling certs. Cold storage plants do indeed freeze from fresh in large blast freezers holding 20 pallets or more, then placed into the cold storage warehouse set at usually -20. The frozen pallets still hold heat and it takes a lot of energy to hold the huge amounts of pallets frozen.

If you place pallets in the cold storage warehouse at a less temperature than the set temperature then you get problems with imbalance and the compressors work harder than they should work and using huge amounts of energy to pull these pallets down to temp. All depends on the numbers here but it takes aprox 18 hrs to freeze a batch of 20 pallets of meat for example to freeze -18 to the core. Once again this all depends on water and salt content of the produce. I developed a way of freezing meat down to -10 which is the temp needed for factory cutters and slicers to effectively slice frozen meat. Any way carry on regardless with all your own theories, I am sure you will be right in your own ways.