Had one hell of a day

Tipped at Barnstaple this morning, thinking early tip, quick re.load so far up tonight, early finish tomorrow, home in time for a barbie in the garden. :sunglasses:
Got loaded, ok it was a bit later than I planned, but never mind, so tying my internal straps down, as I pulled it the â– â– â– â–  snapped bringing the buckle full on down in my face busting my nose, and a swollen cheek. :open_mouth:
Then got a phone call, would you mind changing over on the M4 give this guy your trailer, and change over with his which is loaded for London for tomorrow :open_mouth: …course I effin mind, it’s London on a Saturday ffs…but didn’t really have a choice did I .:imp: :blush:

Got to Chippenham t/stop for c/over, only to find that he had just tipped and still had his empty on, so I had to go and load it.
Went to load, planned to park in Bushey, but too bloody late for that, so ended up at Swindon truckstop of all places.
Just to cap off the day, I was walking over to pay and tripped over the bloody high kerb, landing on my face, this Belgian guy off Sitra came and helped me up…street cred and dignity right down the khazi. :blush: :unamused:
So now I look like I’ve gone 2 rounds with Tyson Fury, and stuck in the mother of all craphole truckstops, with nothing to do,.and just had the last meal out of my fridge…and oh yeh, I’ve ran out of coffee, can’t drink my last can of beer yet as I’m holding it on my face to bring down the swelling, …so even my good looks have suffered to boot. :open_mouth:

So it’s been an absolute ■■■■ of a day and I’ve got a run to London to do (ain’t been there for 10 years) and a re.load out of ■■■■ Tilbury,.and home Sunday.
Come back furlough all is forgiven.
Whinge over. :laughing:

Feel like I should be saying my Mrs had a steak dinner on that I’ve missed, just to do the whole dozy thing.
Rang the Mrs, and she just laughed uncontrollably, so I’m sat here looking for sympathy.
Any takers? :laughing: :laughing:
(Breath not held :smiley: )

Rob if it was some one else (Dozy) posting this I would be sceptical
But man you’ve had a bad day and then London and Tilbury to boot [emoji22]
P/S I’m still on furlough [emoji6][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent while in furlough

blue estate:

Sent while in furlough

You were doing ok, up to the blatant gloating of the last sentence. :imp: :smiley:

Off to bed (with a bad headache :unamused: ) just to forget it. :smiley:

robroy:

blue estate:

Sent while in furlough

You were doing ok, up to the blatant gloating of the last sentence. :imp: :smiley:

Off to bed (with a bad headache :unamused: ) just to forget it. :smiley:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while in furlough

robroy:
Any takers? :laughing: :laughing:
(Breath not held :smiley: )

No, your so clumsy, And I hope they charge for the damage you caused to the strap.

By the way sleep well x

ffs rob your one clumsy get,its always the case when you wanna get back they put a bomb right in the middle of your plans… and then you end up at swindon :unamused: … if i was you i’d sleep with the fire extiguisher tonight these things have a habit of coming in three’s…

dave docwra:
And I hope they charge for the damage you caused to the strap.

+1…

Wilful damage of company property that is you hooligan.

I particularly liked the way your missus just larfed at you on the phone.

Swindon Truckstop is possibly the worst place you could have found off the M4.

Rookie. :smiley:

Wish I’d seen this earlier. I drove past and so could have dropped you off some ice (and some food, come to think of it)

â– â– â– â– â–  !!!

I thought you was a professional and up for anything that comes your way !!!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But actually, feel sorry for you having to sit in that $ h i t e hole.

And the week isn’t over yet,

yourhavingalarf:
Rookie. :smiley:

Exactly, but hey we all had to learn.

Number 1 rule when dealing with curtainsiders is straps (curtain, internal and ratchet) are the spawn of satin and will attempt to take every opportunity to draw blood…along with curtain poles! Must admit, never had an internal come off completely.

You’ll learn, dont worry. :wink:

As for falling over curbs, I could mention a certain opticians often seen on the TV, but am worried Rob’s now in London and that could push him over the edge to detour up the M1.

Btw, I’ve come to the conclusion you’ll never injure yourself doing those dangerous things like clambering all over loads. Its only when you’re following the book that it hurts.

Hope you got some sleep…see some ofbus care amd we not laughing at all, ahem. :smiling_imp:

Tbh with the way you give it the big one and tell others to stand up for themselves… Why didn’t you just tell you planner you had injured yourself and needed to get back?

No disrespect - but you say it isn’t an endurance game but are tramping out with injuries when you could be home. If I’d hurt myself at work I’d be telling transport and telling them they needed to sort it and I’d go home.

You are very quick to knock other drivers - but when it comes down to it you have been the dozy like yes man.

Shouldn’t laugh at your misfortune Rob but that was hilarious.

Don’t do the lottery this weekend, [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

good_friend:
Wish I’d seen this earlier. I drove past and so could have dropped you off some ice (and some food, come to think of it)

Ahhhh. [emoji3590]

Always gives me a warm glow reading about someone else’s misfortunes. Surely can’t just be me? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
Always gives me a warm glow reading about someone else’s misfortunes. Surely can’t just be me? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nah I bet secretly everyone is having a little chuckle at this story, though I suspect walking across those high kerbs in those extra long shoes while wearing a red nose didn’t help :laughing:

sammym:
Tbh with the way you give it the big one and tell others to stand up for themselves… Why didn’t you just tell you planner you had injured yourself and needed to get back?

No disrespect - but you say it isn’t an endurance game but are tramping out with injuries when you could be home. If I’d hurt myself at work I’d be telling transport and telling them they needed to sort it and I’d go home.

You are very quick to knock other drivers - but when it comes down to it you have been the dozy like yes man.

I’ll give you a bell next time for some advice mate …cheers. :unamused:
Btw…Standing up for yourself in an injustice is one thing, refusing to do a reasonable and legal request (however unpopular that request may be) is refusing to do your job, being a complete arse and laying yourself open to the boot.
As for ‘driving with injuries’, I’ve got a swollen face and nose and a few scratches, that do not hinder me doing my job, not a broken ■■■■ neck. :unamused: .
And as for knocking drivers, yeh, but only amateurs with illusions like yourself.
Hope that clears up your queries. :wink:

Kinnel Sammy. Turn it in. [emoji849]

Thanks for the positive comments chaps, update (seeing as you’re all concerned :laughing: ) still got a dodgy hooter this morning, but I notice there isnt 'a lot of sympathy coming my way, . :laughing:

Sitting here N/W London, waiting to get tipped, come back South West runs all is forgiven. :laughing:

Btw… I try and make a light hearted thread away from all the Covid and Wingeseer posts, and I still get stick :unamused: …I may even do a classic TN flounce/mince off and shout ‘bullying’ I can’t take all this you know. :frowning:
:smiley:

Dreadful.

If it makes you feel any better mate, I too had a bad 'un. 06.30 start and ventured up north, tipped & back down for a reload(trailer swap), over to the services to erm ‘recycle’ a shed load of euro’s at £3 a pop, and then back home for 4pm.

Today is worse. Just got up & showered after bedroom exercise with Mrs B, sat on the couch watching a bit of Fast & Loud, afore mentioned better half has just delivered bacon butties to the lap of the mighty Beaver, and later on 18 holes of golf with my mates at the country club.

So there, it’s not just you who has it bad. Might even have to go on the driveway to wash my brand new car too :unamused: :sunglasses:

[emoji1787]