First budget unit what would you recommend

For your first truck a lease could be a dangerous thing. They will cost you big big money every month and you have to find that money or it’s gone. In this current situation we are all in I’m hearing a lot of people are all taking “finance breaks” as when the ■■■■ hits the fan they have no work and can’t afford to pay for them! If you lease a motor for 3 years you’ll pay someone £60,000 plus for the privilege and have nothing at the end of it.

Buying anything second hand is a gamble and it’s all about luck and looking after it and how well it’s been looked after. Low mileage newest etc doesn’t always work especially on a euro 6. Imo any euro 6 that is under 15k isn’t worth buying.

I bought a 2 year old V8 euro 6 and had more trouble with it then the older V8’s I’ve had in the past. Put it this way, I sold a lot off last year and went back just on my own. Sick of drivers playing up…I sold euro5 Volvo ‘watch the electrics they can be a nightmare!’ and a euro 6 V8 and kept my old 164 with 3 million km on the clock! She runs week in week out around Europe. So you don’t need new to have a good truck. I know a friend of mine who runs a euro 6 750 Volvo has spent a small fortune on his in the last few months and another who’s had issues with a Range T. They all can break and they all will. If you buy second hand Steer clear on trucks that loose money quickly. I bought a Volvo for £24,000 and 12 months later it was worth 15k tops. Years ago I bought a old V8 for £20,000 and sold it nearly 5 years later with over a million extra put on it for £16,500! In that time I put a ride height valve on the back, a alternator, and changed the belts. ‘Along with servicing regular’

Just my opinion and not facts but do what you think is best. There’s no right or wrong way to do things. But in my opinion’cheap new trucks are cheap for a reason’