GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

Carryfast:

ERF-NGC-European:
:laughing: :laughing: you couldn’t be wronger on that point if you tried, CF! I’ve run old bangers most of my life and I spent many happy hours reading through the small ads in the local rags ( or Adscene). Likewise, I was well aware of how each word counts along with the pennies. I was frequently appalled at the money people wasted on long-winded unnecessary verbiage in their small ads. Dave Docwra is right: you need to ask the bloke who wrote the ad, not second-guess his motives, his aptitude for succinct copy or his colloquial usage. Drop the bone, Rover! Oh, lordy I’ve gone and mentioned Rover. We’ll get the 3500 P4 and the P5 thrown in now. What have I done :open_mouth: Ro

Fair enough Robert.At least it’s a better discussion than Bewick just saying it’s a misprint it should say 180. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

By the way, the only Big-J I ever drove was on yard shunting duties with an ex-BOC unit. It had a 180 Gardner, 6-sp DB box and no power steering because apparently it was a cancelled export order! My last Rover was a P4 Btw, loved 'em! Ro