Birdseye

An old thread, but I’ve only recently been given this photo to scan, one of my father Rex (in a similar promotional photo as Jellybelly’s), but with one of the two Scania 112 Ms (XFH 842X) at Gloucester, freshly painted in the combined BirdsEye Walls livery, either 1981 or 82? One of the yellow Walls 110s in the background. I remember he preferred the 112s to the Daf 3300s that followed.

If I remember correctly, the BEW fridge trailers had underslung fridge units at some point (not sue if this is or not), rather than the dry ice boxes of Walls.

Dad did about 10 years seasonal driving for Walls, never quite managing to be kept on full time - that is until BRS took over the transport in 1986 (I’ve got the BRS hotline magazine article of BRS winning the contract with Rex at the wheel of a Daf 3300 which I’ll add at some point, as well as some 110s and some Embisco 81s), which he stuck out for about a year before setting up on his own as Transrex haulage, which is another story of trusted ERFs! :smiley: