Any old promotor drivers around

Regarding the Afro-Camion thing I think the original plan was to go via Marseille to Oran and then down to Nigeria. We had three guys come down to Dunton Green complete with a 6x6 ex US Army rigid, two South Africans and a Kiwi i think. They were to be the guides/equipment truck. They showed a film in the warehouse of the actual trip through Africa, starting on blacktop and then hundreds of miles of sand corrugations and finally into bush/jungle. They then had a look at the trucks and trailers and decreed that silencers had to be removed, along with rear mudguards and sparewheels and carriers on the units and on the trailers landing legs, rear underruns and brackets and spare wheels and carriers to be removed. All vehicles had to carry five days supply of drinking water in case of breakdown. [ “Dont bother with any more cause if your stuck more than five days you will either be dead or mad”]. I cant remember ever preparing any trailers to go but in the back of my mind something is telling me there was a small convoy involving self contained stone crushers again and several very old trailers [Not Pro,s] to be left down in Nigeria that did go and all the units were afterwards bought back to the uk by sea.