Any old promotor drivers around

Vodka Cola Cowboy:

Efes:

Vodka Cola Cowboy:

This is a picture of negotiating the overhang, on the road back from the copper mine to Belgrade. As I said in “Trucking Magic”, I had gone there to deliver a consignment of cleaning equipment and cleaning fluid, for the medals that they made for the 84 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo. Why they were making the medals there I do not know. Unless of course they made them out of copper and then painted them to look like gold, silver and bronze.
As far as I remember, I took the last load of five to the mine. I cannot remember who took the other four.
I had cleared the goods in Belgrade Central Customs, dropped off groupage and then run to the mine.
Having messed around with the overhang I wished that the medal equipment had come off in Belgrade as well. :smiley:

It was actually a gold mine (as well as a copper mine) at Majdanpek. I took the coin minting machine there which was to create gold medals for the Sarajevo Olympics. What your photo’ does not show is the sheer drop on what would be on the right and the wheel had to be right on the edge to get around the corner otherwise the trailer would hit the overhang. Vodka: Did you manage to hit the overhang?

On the way to Majdanpek - and driving a right hand drive vehicle - you could look out the driver’s side window to ensure the front wheel was literally on the edge. It had to be otherwise you wouldn’t make it round the corner.

Driving home (in a right hand drive vehicle) was a very, very different matter and you had to go round the corner with the overhang very, very carefully (and anxiously) indeed. A very unpleasant senstion of having the left wheel as close to the edge as one could guess without actually being able to see it - a tiny bit too far to the left would mean disappearing over the edge of the gorge.

All in all a memorable obstacle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majdanpek_mine

I only did one of the loads to Majdanpek but had been forewarned in advance.

Hi Efes. No, I just missed it. I remember that drop on the other side of the road though. You would not want to go over that. And yes, it was tight. Very tight. Not helped by the Yugo car drivers flying into the bend.

The photo has, alas, gone…

My love to Pam. Glad she’s still around and well. Sheppey still? Do PM me…