Any old promotor drivers around

Theres been a lot of helpful information around recently. Of course its because people are getting bored at home due to the lockdown but theres always an upside to everything. As you know I’m always on the lookout for new material or photos concerning Promotor or people who worked for the company especially those in the early years. Pete, aka brakeboy, is a welcome newcomer and Paul Willis has come up trumps again. Last night he sent me some photos of Promotor lorries as well as an article about the company from some magazine or other. I shall post them shortly.

I am very pleased to have been contacted by Pam or Pammy as she called herself. Pam travelled all over europe with Micky Twemlow RIP, and saw my photo on a Facebook site. I’m so glad she’s made contact. Last time I saw her was almost 40 years ago. She sends ‘Love and Hugs’ but I’m not sharing those with you lot.

I had a reply to my request for information concerning the two drivers I met in southern Turkey. Steve Swain sent me some information and a photo which was taken at the top of Bolu. Steve thinks the driver on the right may have been Graham. He had worked for Knight of Old driving a sleeper Marathon then a Volvo 89. The old guy in the photo was Cliff who drove a Volvo 88 and came from Yorkshire. Steve’s future wife was Janet who worked for RF Interport Movements from Leigh. I couldn’t make out from your letter Steve if it was you who was the Jenkinson driver. Perhaps anyone who reads this can help with identification.