Fodens.

Punchy Dan:
How would that have gone ?

That is an interesting post you have put on Dan’l ( For a change ! :wink: :laughing: ) Although in 1977 it wouldn’t have been of any interest at all to me :frowning: as I had my hands full at Bewick Transport. However, from what I recall Bill Foden was a very proud man and he would have taken it as admitting defeat at the time if RR had bought the old “family” firm out ! The animosity between the two Foden families ( ERF) had ben a running sore since the early 30’s. But I will hold my hand up and say that I had been buying ERF’s for 4 years by 1977 which IMHO were a far superior motor than a Foden !
So we can only ruminate at the likely outcome had RR been successful and acquired Foden at that time. Maybe they might have survived a good few more years than they did but they would have eventually gone the same way as all the other UK manufacturers unfortunately. But that is another story ! So Dan’l have you parked that Virus sorry Foden up for the duration or are you still sneaking about doing a bit ? Anyway keep safe Pal and lets hope we all get through this disaster fit and healthy . regards Dennis.