Fodens.

windrush:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I remember that being mentioned now, there were several companies in the running I believe but Foden rejected them all. I suppose that like Gardner there were still many family members involved and it can’t be easy to see ‘your’ business that had been built up over a century slipping away and the vultures (for want of a better word) moving in fot the kill? Eventually the inevitable happened of course, I suppose Rolls wouldn’t have changed much apart from putting capital in, and Foden would still have plodded along using fifties/sixties technology that was outdated but they wouldn’t admit to it? Paccar did move them into the modern age but at the expense of buying most of the components in and therefore becoming just another ‘boring’ assembler like ERF and Atkinson. :cry:

Pete.

To be fair there wasn’t much better than Rolls/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ and steering parts were usually also outside supplied regardless.While MP cabs were arguably better than anything which in house could produce other than a plastic shed.Assembly was the way to go at that point.