PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
The Mullard Guy artic would be one of London Carriers,owned by the Philips Electrical Group.They carried a lot of cathode ray tubes etc.
The D and D Iveco could possibly be D and D Transport from Dundee,it does have a Scottish plate. If so they were commonly known as Dusk till Dawn and Dawn till Dusk Transport,make whatever you like of that. :smiley:
The Hill’s Crusader isn’t the one from Botley,they were from Derbyshire - maybe Ripley. Somebody will put me right. :laughing:

Mullards were also part of Philips - and had two plants in Southport; on Balmoral Drive in Crossens, and on Crowland Street in Blowick - both of which produced valves and associated components for the manufacture of TVs, radios & hi-fi equipment. My maternal Grandmother was among lots & lots of people I knew who worked at Crossens - a site which included the original Vulcan works after Tilling Stevens bought them and moved the firm to the south. That site has only just, in the last couple of months, been cleared for redevelopment - having been derelict for nearly twenty years.