The Foden 2 Stroke Engine

windrush:
Those lighting papers still appear on stalls at rallies nowadays Robert, surprising just how many are still around. Nigel Wilde’s late father Graham used to tow a threshing set around the Peaks with one back in the fifties and he loved them! It was replaced with a tvo Nuffield which Nigel still rallies, to get the set up ‘the scratter’ out of Ashford towards Monsal Head Graham used to hang a claw hammer on the Nuffield’s governor and he said all the following traffic vanished in the smoke!! :laughing:

Pete.

I started Maurice Dean’s Field Marshal at Elvaston Steam Rally a few years ago Pete, he couldn’t emphasise enough the importance of pulling the starting handle out as the decompressor dropped back over, he said if it kicked back it WOULD break your arm,

I’ve got a single cylinder Armstrong Siddeley 8hp which drives my saw bench, the handle takes some turning on that on a cold morning but I’ve never had it try to break my arm YET!!!

I think that’s probably enough posting now for another 12 months, back into hibernation, what do you think?