How quickly our liberty gets taken away

The sooner the UK goes on full lockdown like we have in NZ the better quite frankly!

We have had to leave our daughter behind in the UK, she has her own life, but we are extremely worried about her as she is immune compromised and on her own. My elderly parents, still in the UK, are doing the best they can to keep away from all the other idiots who seem happy to roam about wherever they like because they are fit and healthy, not giving a ■■■■ whether they are carriers or not, or whether they become part of the chain in spreading this virus.

So yes, I will rip you to shreds until you all fully understand the seriousness of this pandemic.

Both my partner and I are both considered essential workforce in NZ, at least she can work from home and look after our youngest. My employer has the most draconian hygiene standards anyway (being part of the food chain) but they are even stricter now, and so they bloody should be. In my working day I come into contact with many suppliers, all of whom are taking this very very seriously so I feel that a full lock down is the way to go, especially in countries like NZ or the UK where so much precedence is put on personal freedoms. If everyone plays their part instead of mingling then the spread can be stopped.

NZ are still having to tell tourists to stop travelling around the country, some of whom thought the lock down did not apply to them as they weren’t Kiwi!! NZ yesterday had its first Covid-19 related death, a woman in her 70s who rarely travelled, the connection? Tourists passing through her town.

Locally to us, a couple of bars are related to number of cases stemming from a St Patricks event, they are only just coming to light due to the incubation period. In the meantime, those persons affected prior to the lock down will have come into contact with countless other persons. God knows how many people, and then they could have then passed it on to many others, thus creating the snowball effect. Now, I am fully aware that this would still have happened as it was prior to lock down but it is a good example of why we need to, and must isolate from everyone else.

If you think a full lock down is too draconian then I suggest you put yourself in the shoes of those on the front line, who are crying out for more serious measures, then you might understand.