Leicester's Bygone's

These days with automatic brake adjusters its a lot easier before this it was a lot harder at each brake check you had to crawl under and adjust the brakes a half inch spanner tighten up completely then back off half a turn. Well one day a new kid on the block showed up and turned the adjuster the wrong way on each wheel and he went down the mountain to meet his maker .there are runaway lanes but probably not one available in this situation.Have you ever watched a show called “highway through hell” or" rescue 401"…highway through hell is about wrecking crews on the coquihalla highway in british columbiia rescue 401 is about the same job on the 401 highway in ontario the busiest road in canada…these are available on u tube. Also there are chain up lights at different locations if your caught without them big fine…I didnt do this very often its a horrilbe thing to do when its minus 25 C and dark.If you are on the same truck all the time it isnt bad but I was always slip seating so I ve been spun out . Also to put the weight of a super b tanker in prespective there are usually 5 compartments 3 on the lead 2 on the pup the number 5 compartment cane be loaded to 17000 litres a 24 ton gross eight wheel tanker in england in the fifties carried about 18000 litres so I was driving three 8 wheelers

Tanker%20Andrew%20Breeden%2045325702085_cdafb27c14_AB%20o.jpg