Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Bewick:
Question Wrighty ! Is the Ministry or Rural England or whatever they are called still paying Sub to have old walls rebuilt ? I can see from those shots you have put up that the walls around you are in good order but I recall in the late 80’s early 90’s I had a couple of Lads now both RIP that looked after the walls, fencing and hedges on the 30 acres of pasture land I owned. But they also had on going contracts with two or three spots to rebuild these old fallen walls and they only worked on them after the sub was agreed for that particular year. It was a job they just used to fill in among their regular work on the many farms around the area. Cheers Dennis.

Evening Dennis

To be quite honest I haven’t heard of anybody receiving grants to rebuild walls recently, they used to be available to rebuild lengths but not sure about gapping. We spend quite a bit of money keeping the walls right which is purely for our own benefit of keeping stock in, once you let the walls fall into dis-repair it becomes an outfacing job and an expensive one to make them stockproof again.
Well it’s been another busy day on the farm mucking sheds out moving cattle about and generally doing the jobs that have been put on hold due to lambing, we have about 40 left to lamb which take as much looking after as the last 400 have…! but we are getting there…

Cheers Wrighty.