Accidents this week

I just started my HGV career 3 weeks ago so I suspect it is probably the best March in history to be a new HGV driving on the roads (other than the work drying up obviously), especially this last week. Being the pessimistic type I do look at most of the cars on the road and think, was that journey REALLY essential? I have the same thoughts as you on the accidents, I wonder if some folk are just paying less attention because there is less traffic as well. I definitely still see the idiots out there!

Yesterday I was coming home from the depot and while going through a 50 zone with camera and in my rearview mirror I saw a bloke in a Scania artic who must have been no more than 6ft behind a fiesta. I suppose at least he was keeping his ‘social distance’ but I’m afraid this is exactly how a lot of these accidents are happening. For no good reason, I will add that he was from the eastern European area and probably just got off the ship at Harwich (I’m foreign myself so I’m allowed to make that comment :laughing: ).

I had my first night out this week with a return trip up to Newcastle Wed/Thus and I was reminded how beautiful the countryside here can be, so much better from the higher vantage point as well.

Keep safe folks!