New to Forum.. Coronavirus at work

class2hull:
Hi all. I am a new forum member but have been stalking its posts for some time.

I am a new class 2 driver and recently started working for a haulage firm in Hull. Since the caronavirus lock down my company has taken no steps what-so-ever to protect its drivers or offer any advice on how to keep safe whilst doing our job.

We haven’t been provided with any ppe or hand sanitiser but have been told to wash our hands regularly lol… Easier said then done when your on the road all day.

Infact its as if they really don’t care if we catch it or not as long as we get our pallets delivered and on time.

While out today delivering essential paving slabs and grow bags to the poor souls at home sunbathing whilst the “key” workers are slogging their guts out exposing ourselves and families to potential infection I found myself unable to get close to the house to deliver my pallet. I called my TM who politely told my to get the customer give me a hand pushing it as it weighed nearly 1400kg.

I advised him about the 2 meter social distancing and was promptly told that it was a load of ■■■■■■■■ and to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

Anyone else experiencing this from their firms or is it just me

Must try harder.