The real panic starts

But they won’t.

weeto:
But they won’t.

Nope. Not even for goods that have no bearing on the fight against Covid-19.

If we go down,the machine goes down.
And if the machine goes down…we ALL go down.

:stuck_out_tongue:

It would be a problem but not an unsolvable one. There are many other options for deliveries.

weeto:
But they won’t.

No, of course not.

jakethesnake:
It would be a problem but not an unsolvable one. There are many other options for deliveries.

Such as? I certainly don’t subscribe to the “without drivers there would be nothing brigade” but currently sitting in Asda in Erith a mix of subbies bringing the goods in would be very hard to replace, the Asda guys doing the store deliveries maybe a bit easier but am unsure as to what other solutions there, thousands of transits taking a pallet each?

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

Such as? I certainly don’t subscribe to the “without drivers there would be nothing brigade” but currently sitting in Asda in Erith a mix of subbies bringing the goods in would be very hard to replace, the Asda guys doing the store deliveries maybe a bit easier but am unsure as to what other solutions there, thousands of transits taking a pallet each?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
we could all get our sausages delivered by drones.
for once im waiting to see what drivvle alternatives the invariable reply will bring.
possibly linking our home address by gps up to an adapted icbm from a submarine to parachute it onto the doorstep?
utilise all those horses that didnt go to france to get eaten with some refurbished carts a la steptoe ?
the army could be utilised assuming an antar or tank can get to your door without taking the sides out of the parked cars?

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

Thousands of more transits - when there clearly are not enough even to clear the backlog in supermarket .com deliveries right now?

“Lack of decent pay” is the thing holding us all back.
If industry wants to “get rid of the deadwood” and “encourage more workers to work longer for less” like it habitually does - then they are in for a nasty shock if the establishment now lose control of this continuing hoax I’m still convinced this all is as cover for a wider upheaval we’re not even paying any attention to right now…

Currently getting word that the panic buying has slowed down and the supermarkets are now able to assess their needs, I know we haven’t hit peak Covid 19, but some of these emergency subbies and agency drivers might find the work slowing down a bit.

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

I don’t think I really have to tell you the alternatives but let’s face it every lorry driver is not going to be off sick with Covid 19 and the panic is starting to die now so bit of a pointless thread really.

jakethesnake:

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

I don’t think I really have to tell you the alternatives but let’s face it every lorry driver is not going to be off sick with Covid 19 and the panic is starting to die now so bit of a pointless thread really.

Nice answer, you aren’t a politician by any chance

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

Nice answer, you aren’t a politician by any chance

No, I don’t tell lies although one member on here is adamant I do but they say “it takes one to know one” I believe. :wink:

The real panic will start if this happens.

Imagine the unwashed not being able to post their drivel on retards club.

jakethesnake:
I don’t think I really have to tell you the alternatives.

I’m going to go with “please do”.

It’s ok, I’ll wait.

isaac hunt:
The real panic will start if this happens.

Imagine the unwashed not being able to post their drivel on retards club.

Why would anyone cut their own cable? :wink:

the maoster:

jakethesnake:
I don’t think I really have to tell you the alternatives.

I’m going to go with “please do”.

It’s ok, I’ll wait.

There are always alternatives as you know but seeing you ask you can wait. :wink:

You missed an opportunity here Jakey, those trucks in that pic are travelling pretty close,… You’re slipping man. :smiley:

jakethesnake:
There are always alternatives as you know but seeing you ask you can wait. :wink:

Parkedvup for the night, pubs closed, at a bit of a loose end, so please let us know what the alternatives are. :wink:

robroy:
You missed an opportunity here Jakey, those trucks in that pic are travelling pretty close,… You’re slipping man. :smiley:

Theres also one in the outside lane too :open_mouth: