SAD, SAD DAY

After 35 years of successful trading, I’ve to temporarily lay off my superb training team. Gutted doesn’t get close. I have approaching 200 candidates in progress, all of which are suffering as a result of the ramifications of Coronavirus. The fact that they are not getting our normal service is also a huge concern to me.

Naturally, everyone will be sorted out just as soon as the current situation ends and tests are available once again.

Office staff are working from home so the number still works if you have any queries or want to ensure you start your training as soon as you can after the crisis, give them a call.

And, of course, I’m here to answer any queries you may have.

I’m not on my own; there’s plenty of really good trainers out there in the same position. If I’m being nasty, maybe the cowboys wont survive!

Keep in touch everyone.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry to hear about that Pete. Tough times for all ahead.

I was hoping there would be some sort of special measures put in place for you guys to get us wannabees out on the road but doesn’t look like it now.

Hope you are all ok, this is troubling times [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

My team are in varying states of disappointment; I feel as though my guts have been removed with a JCB. But we will all be fine. The school is in a very strong financial state and I’m proud, and relieved, that it’s debt free. So none of the money worries that you might imagine. It’s all to do with needing to look after the team and my customers.

It’ll be fine when we can get going again and there will be a huge party to celebrate the event!

Take care everyone.

Hope all you & all the team stay safe

Same as the rest of you all hope all ride the store out

Hi

I was due my hgv class 2 lessons on the 30th of march literally a week yesterday

I understand i was given 2 options a refund (to your credit) or stick with you

My question is if i stick with you when you reopen will i still be a week away from my lessons as prior to closure

Or would mr smith ( obviously a fake name) who drops lucky and is a week away when you reopen have his lessons

I work in the pharmaceutical distribution industry so you can understand my pain aswel at the moment as i want to be on the road helping

Regards

P.s keep you chin up pete you will be back stronger

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

applebygavin:
Hi

I was due my hgv class 2 lessons on the 30th of march literally a week yesterday

I understand i was given 2 options a refund (to your credit) or stick with you

My question is if i stick with you when you reopen will i still be a week away from my lessons as prior to closure

Or would mr smith ( obviously a fake name) who drops lucky and is a week away when you reopen have his lessons

I work in the pharmaceutical distribution industry so you can understand my pain aswel at the moment as i want to be on the road helping

Regards

P.s keep you chin up pete you will be back stronger

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

To me it would be polite to offer those that were cancelled 1st like you have 1st priority this is how I would work

Hope you get sorted soon

You will be, subject to the normal flow of tests being allocated, around a week from re-opening. We have staff committed to acquiring tests just as soon as they are available. That information will then be conveyed to Tracey who will allocate the tests strictly in order.

Whilst we hope the tests will return in 12 weeks, it would be foolish to allocate courses and tests at the moment on that basis. So, as I’ve said, we’ll wait until we know we’ve got the tests and everything should roll very quickly from our side.

Office staff are working from home and will keep in touch with our customers. For a while, I dont expect the contact to contain any worthwhile update. But, as the time ticks by and tests are allocated, we will immediately be contacting those at the front of the queue. And you’re close to the front so no long wait.

If at any point you want to know what’s going on, please call the office 01623 555661. Phones are diverted and your query will be dealt with using the available information.

Hope this helps and reassures you.

Stay safe, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Are you not putting your team on the 80% thing?

Yes, the 80% applies. Which is a huge relief. But it’s a great shame that all the customers are being messed about. Everyone knows the situation but I struggle to cope with the disruption to customers.

We’re keeping in touch will current candidates and our phone is still manned. So enquiries etc can still be dealt with and anyone considering training can get their place in the queue simply by calling and paying £200 deposit. Training will be allocated in strict order so this is clearly the clever thing to do.

Anyway, got a fence to paint today - so best crack on! And it’s my birthday.

Peter Smythe:
it’s my birthday.

21 AGAIN PETE :exclamation:

and again
and again
and again …
:laughing:

Thanks ROG.

Peter Smythe:
… it’s a great shame that all the customers are being messed about.

… So enquiries etc can still be dealt with … :

Hi Pete,

If you get any enquiries for ADR renewals, you can offer this crumb of comfort…

ROG:

Peter Smythe:
it’s my birthday.

21 AGAIN PETE :exclamation:

and again
and again
and again …
:laughing:

\

My mam was actually 21 last month ( 29-2- :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for that Dave. We got to hear about it a day or two ago. Started an ADR course on Monday but had to call it off Monday night further to the Boris update. Good idea and is what I expected for cpc.

Thanks again, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Thanks for that Dave. We got to hear about it a day or two ago. Started an ADR course on Monday but had to call it off Monday night further to the Boris update. Good idea and is what I expected for cpc.

Thanks again, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete,

I’m guessing that you got the UK DfT version, but I went to the horse’s mouth to get the bigger picture before I posted in the main forum. Since then, I’ve updated my post again today.

The list I’ve given is useful for any customer who does international work and needs their ADR renewal within the given timeframe because they can still do international work even with an expired ADR Card.

People in that position are best advised to stick with the countries on the list I’ve given because the use of an out of date ADR Card in any of the other ADR countires would result in a rather large fine!!

Thanks very much for that bit of info Dave which I didn’t know.

The other thing I dont know is where you left my birthday cake!?!?!

Just catching up after a busy week. Feeling for all of you that have businesses or work for yourselves at the moment.

Hope you manage to get through and come out the other side, I can’t imagine how it must be seeing something you have given so much to being threatened like this!

I was off work for 11 months and just started back 3 weeks ago so I’m concerned about what will happen next but that’s honestly small fry in comparison.

I can’t imagine how it must be seeing something you have given so much to being threatened like this!

Thankyou for those supportive words. Whilst the financial integrity of the company isn’t under threat, it’s the fact that we’re unable to provide the normal service to our candidates that hurts most of all.

But the evidence is clear. There was no option but to shut down for a period. And I’d like to thank all our customers for bearing with us. Every course will be rebooked in strict order so as to be absolutely fair.

And we have folks joining the back of the queue simply by calling and registering with £200 deposit. It’s impossible to give dates, but at least they will have secured their place and the dates can then be negotiated nearer the time.

So thanks again for the support, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Thanks very much for that bit of info Dave which I didn’t know.

The other thing I dont know is where you left my birthday cake!?!?!

Hi Pete,

I didn’t know about your birthday. :open_mouth:

We’re in hibernation mode at the moment, so I’ll inform the relevant authorities that there’s a job needing to be done. :wink: