Any old promotor drivers around

Is it me or are there a lot more guests here on our "Old Timers’ forum page than before!!! A week or so back a saw on a couple of occasions over 500 guests at one time and even when numbers are down there’s still more than usual. Perhaps the ‘administrators’ have been secretly advertising somewhere.

And talking of guests, I have added a few more photos from the Baghdad Fair taken during the mid 80’s.

1st Photo. Some wag put this sign on the door to the ‘Promotor Hospitality Suite’. OK, so it was a small storeroom in a corner but it was the most popular corner of the pavilion as we had the coffee machine there.

2nd Photo. Shows the get together at the end of the fair, a popular social event. Guests from other pavilions would come along as there was always plenty of booze as well as the final of the world famous ‘Promotor Darts Tournament’. The guy in the red shirt is Bill. He was the USA Pavilion Director and no doubt high up in the CIA.

3rd Photo. This shows Promotor driver, Clive Newman being shown by American Bill how to present the darts tournament trophy to the winner. Those yanks thought they knew everything.

4th Photo. We also had a lot of Iraqi girls at the end of show get together. However, if you look at the sign in the top left I think that has more to do with their visit though.

5th Photo. A lady from the Swedish pavilion. They were always welcome.

Plse click on photo to enlarge.