First budget unit what would you recommend

TheYoungTrucker:
There’s a lot of good deals on euro 5 trucks at the min, I would be looking for something along those lines if you can get away with it, I seen a few volvo v3 been sold by volvo main dealers with 3 month warranty, the last of these trucks are bullet proof if they have been maintained by volvo. Don’t go for an early euro 6 if it goes wrong it’ll be big money, I almost fell into this trap, I went for a late euro 5 on advice from a very good mechanic. One last thing only buy on the strength of your work.

I agree with this the only thing I would say about the Volvos is watch for electrical problems, mine is 62 plate just clicked over 700,000 and the only real problem has been broken wires which can take hours to trace with the related cost. Mine’s also had an adblue pump which is unfortunately a risk with any lorry fitted with this load of toss.

I’m sure we can all relate horror stories of used trucks but I will mention this one. Pal bought a tidy XF which came with a new MoT. Straight out with no issues but on the first PMI it was discovered the rear discs were on the verge of breaking up. After the fitters had fought with it and ended up replacing complete rear hubs the unfortunate owner was presented with a 5000 quid bill… buyer beware.