Demise of Flybe

Bewick:
I don’t know what some will say about Flybe going out of business but personally I think it is a crying shame because although I am opposed to nationalisation for the sake of it, and always have been, ( BRS for instance) the bulk of Flybe’s routes were a public service and never were fully viable as they served sparsely populated far flung areas in the UK which I believe fall into the category of “Connectivity” which seems to be the latest “buzz” word. So this is Boris’s first [zb] up letting Flybe go down the tubes. What he should have done was to have [zb] off those greedy [zb] Virgin and Stobart and, there is still time, nationalise the airline and also cut the £26 Airport tax to zero which is a diabolical tax which doesn’t help one bit. But if my suggestion of nationalisation is a “non starter” lets just see if that greedy [zb] O’Leary or Easy Jet step in and keep the ex Flybe routes operational ! Some [zb] hope !!! So Boris never mind all the BS you spouted at GE time get it sorted ! I hope this post will not be consigned to Bully’s either by mistake or intentionally ! Cheers Bewick.

Agree with you Den, a good company, doing a great service, Liz has been using then for years back and forth from France / Southampton, convenient and cheap, it’ll be the ferries from now on.
When her dad died, she had to keep cancelling and rebooking flights, about 4 times, when we rung to ask if it was possible to get some money back in the circumstances, not only did they refund all payments, they gave her the cost of the cancellations free, a new ticket back from the UK, and sent her flowers with a condolence card…as I said, great company, with excellent staff, who we both feel sorry for. Another good company gone, along with so many others.