Sobering read

Sad case.

So many variables that could have at least maybe avoided their deaths.

Had they been stood further up the carriageway waaaay behind the vehicle maybe they’d have avoided being hit, again insert all variables as to possibility there.

As a driver, me personally with a flat I’d have tried too drive on, hazards on an keep moving till next slip, and if possible on phone to plod to get support pronto!!
Sadly verges to get the car off the carriageway seem to be non existing so keep crawling would have been my way esp if I’d a car full, ■■■■ the car end of the day.

Sadly if its gonna break down then your done for which is where I feel smart roads really are dangerous, especially at night, so pile out an prays all you can do if helps not around [emoji20]

Years ago me an me brothers rescued an old couple out of Dartford tunnel in heavy Friday traffic…
Poor sods clutch slave went, heading up to basildon to see family…
Poor old chap couldn’t climb up to the emergency phone, and didn’t have a mobile.
No one stopped to help, just kept flying by, his wife was in tears with fear, well after watching no one stop, we did.
We blocked the lane with our car, while the rest of us jumped out, watched backs an tried to release the box, brute force an some mechanical nouse finally done it, got it into neutral, hooked a rope to it an dragged it out, popped the old bloke in our car an I piloted his.
Funnily enough it were two foreign artics who came together an blocked the lane we’d left open so we could hook up safe an so we dragged him to the highways perch.
His wife climbed out in floods of tears, petrified bless her, but gave us all huge hugs, an just couldn’t have been more greatful, he tried to offload £100!! into us but got told to spend it on his better halfs bar tab as she’d told him she didn’t wanna go through the tunnel but he insisted it’d be quicker…[emoji38]

Joke was Highways simply said yeah we’d seen it but no nearby unit, understandable but they’d not even put a flash up on the gantrys to warn others or drop the speed an move over ffs, an that was told to us by the officer who did then turn up to sort recovery for em.

Sadly a lot of people simply aren’t
remotely aware of anything to do with the highway, vehicles, mechanicals, or the dangers of the environment they are in, it’s just a car, on a road they drive on which is where this whole smart thing to me at least is soo dangerous, better all round education/awareness needed for all users of the blacktop, and a serious think about emergency provisions as this is a common problem.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk