Fodens.

rigsby:

coomsey:
A fine old gentleman.nmp

Careful , you could be referring to me . That was the second foden I drove , the first was a six wheeler of that type .we were paid 18 hours for an Avonmouth load , but the rate of pay was crap and it took 6 hours each way Pre motorway . 33mph , 42 with the pump wired with sturdy stick wedged on the pedal , incidentally the accelerator was in the middle on them . I’ll ave a lie down now , I feel old .

Those were the first Fodens I rode in as a kid in the fiftes, dad had one on Thermalite in Reading and there are pics of their yard somewhere on this thread. We never went far, the Corona factory in Nottingham was the furthest with me on board and I remember being taken around the bottling plant and seeing all the glass bottles having their caps fitted! He did run up to Fort William and beyond though, that was a weeks work. At that time Reading was their only depot. I rarely saw him as he had to go in on saturdays to grease the lorry and then again on sunday loading for Scotland again on monday. Probably why we never had much of a relationship I suppose? :confused: Oh and by the way Dave, you are probably feeling old because you are old! :wink:

Pete.