How do you make money on Amazon Relay?

Wally Webb:
As an example here’s one on Relay for today.

Drop empty trailer at Speke 15.30 and collect part loaded trailer - fill trailer at Manchester - drop Rugeley 20.00 and collect an empty… grand total 185.37 quid

One pound a mile?
independent.co.uk/travel/ne … 06671.html
Same rate to take one passenger nowadays!

So Amazon Relay is ok if youre heading for a backload. If yo have a look there will be some short notice loads as in the next hour or tonight etc they are paid better. for example Coventry loading tonight tip Peterborough 0800 in the morning £321. Most people pulling Amazon trailers do it through the likes of Slam Transport who pay a shift rate… i dont know what that is, probably £450 region

By the way how many trucks amazon consider to take on board? Any minimum number of trucks?

James12barney:
By the way how many trucks amazon consider to take on board? Any minimum number of trucks?

I’m sure I’ve seen some OD’s/1-3 truck sort of firms on there recently but that may have been the Christmas rush that allowed them to get a foot in the door.

We’ve got one lorry and got on there OK.

St Helens to Milton Keynes. £169

We did have a good laugh at that one.

If the jobs getting you down, log into amazon relay job board and it’ll cheer you up that some other mug is actually doing these loads. How the ■■■■ do they get stuff moved for these prices is beyond me. Prices tend to range from £1.11 to £1.54 per mile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Industry charges more than a quid a mile to move horses around for the general public, to shows etc.

How the hell can you make any money to live on earning just over a quid a mile for an artic? Am I missing something?

good_friend:
The Industry charges more than a quid a mile to move horses around for the general public, to shows etc.

How the hell can you make any money to live on earning just over a quid a mile for an artic? Am I missing something?

They’re back load rates I presume so they’re banking on hauliers who have delivered in the area the load originates from on primary rate and rather than drive back empty will take Amazon’s goods for a few pork scratchings.

Thank you. Of course that makes sense.

Horses have to be taken home again!

good_friend:

No you are not missing anything. But its the same old story. If morons will work for them rates then thats what you will get. Its unsustainable for the haulier but for Amazon they are laughing as even more morons will fill the gaps.

These are not even backload rates, they’re suicide rates in the most part.

coiler:

Better off saving time and getting back for a paying load.
Unless you have too many trucks and not enough good work.

Franglais:

coiler:

Better off saving time and getting back for a paying load.
Unless you have too many trucks and not enough good work.

That rate’s only if you turn up with a double deck so they can get more on. A standard trailer is 1/2 as much. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I had an email off amazon this morning (Sunday) the first one I’ve had with a “critical” load that hadn’t been covered.
It was from Manchester to Rochester. Now I’m not that proficient at decoding their emails, and there was a seemingly load reference on it that could have meant something special and it could have had a special rate on that job, but when I had a look at the load board it did indeed have a load from Manchester to Rochester.
It paid £274.
I logged off the computer and got back to eating my bacon sandwich.

coiler:
I had an email off amazon this morning (Sunday) the first one I’ve had with a “critical” load that hadn’t been covered.
It was from Manchester to Rochester. Now I’m not that proficient at decoding their emails, and there was a seemingly load reference on it that could have meant something special and it could have had a special rate on that job, but when I had a look at the load board it did indeed have a load from Manchester to Rochester.
It paid £274.
I logged off the computer and got back to eating my bacon sandwich.

Blooming heck [emoji47] my boss gets paid more fore taking a load of timber from Rochester to Southampton

These were Amazons offerings yesterday

Erith to weybridge £132.38
Peterbourgh to Swansea £220.63 by there own admission £1 per mile

How? Why?

Park em up, tax off, insurance fire and theft and furlough the driver.

hoty2008:

Peterbourgh to Swansea £220.63 by there own admission £1 per mile

How? Why?

Park em up, tax off, insurance fire and theft and furlough the driver.

Exactly

hoty2008:

Peterbourgh to Swansea £220.63 by there own admission £1 per mile.

That’s scandalous! Seriously I was running a LWB Sprinter for them rates back in 2000.

A wise man once said to me “anyone can be a busy fool”, how true was that?

Jesus wept, those rates don’t even cover a proper wage for the driver.

So - todays loads on the Amazon board - Warrington to Dunfirmline.

How much?

Wait for it…

£217.81